Welcome
Welcome to spectrumville2pirateversion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Scenes from TV series

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:56 am

Scenes from TV series

Apparently a lot of aspies think Data is the greatest and very relatable. I can't say that I have an affinity for Data. I mean he's not a bad guy, but he's far too literal for my taste. (Like that scene in the TNG episode "Legacy" - Season 4 where Riker tells him to throw away the cards and he throws to the floor. Or when a comment was made about burning the midnight oil, and he talked about activating the fire suppress system which would seal off the compartment.) To me that's just too literal, it makes him look more dumb than unfamiliar with expressions. I've never been that literal, nor can I relate to his lack of feelings.
I think social awkwardness in Star Trek was done far better with Seven of Nine and the EMH in Voyager. To me Data started as a blank slate while they both had more personality and to me their unfamiliarity with a lot of social situations was done in a way I personally could more readily relate to.

This Data scene is funny though:

and this one was done in a nicely sensitive way
You'll notice that a turtle only makes progress when it sticks out its neck...

"And the turtles, of course...all the turtles are free, as turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be." — Dr. Seuss
http://turtleforum.freeforums.org/index.php

Post Wed May 04, 2016 11:44 pm

Re: Scenes from TV series

Babylon 5 - This is how the world ends.
Galen scene: "Man's natural condition."
Spoiler:
Lt. John Matheson: Flight deck's back that way.
(waits for response, sighs)
I thought you said that you'd be leaving once we got what we came for.
Galen: Yes.... I did.
Lt. John Matheson: But... you're not leaving?
Galen: No. I'm just here. We all of us have to be somewhere. This place seemed to be as good as any.
Lt. John Matheson: you mean you've been riding around in here all night?
Galen: Mmm.
Lt. John Matheson: You like going nowhere at 120 miles an hour?
Galen: Of course. That is man's natural condition.
I was thinking of Matthews' reaction to the object we found. He seems... he seems quite drawn to it.
Lt. John Matheson: He's curious. I think people like him are born to ask questions.
Galen: That implies a directed universe. There is no planning, no design to our lives.
Lt. John Matheson: Odd. Given your profession, I would think you would be the one person who'd believe otherwise.
Galen: I think this is where I get off. Metaphorically, metaphysically and and literally.
But do go on riding. Go around enough times and with any luck you might come to the same conclusions I have. Good night.

"And the turtles, of course...all the turtles are free, as turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be." — Dr. Seuss

Post Thu May 05, 2016 12:02 am

Babylon 5 scene: Sheridan: Get The Hell out of our Galaxy!
Babylon 5 scene : The Walkers of Sigma 957

Spoiler:
Captain Susan Ivanova: [about the First Ones leaving] I'm not letting them leave here without saying yes.
Marcus Cole: Really? But how do you propose stopping them - perhaps a big red-and-white sign with the word 'stop' on it? I'll put a bucket on my head and pretend to be the Vorlon god Boogee.
Ivanova: That's it!
Marcus: Fine. I'll get a bucket.

Ivanova: At least it tells us they understand our language. They're just not willing to speak to us in it.
Marcus: Who knew they were French.

Post Mon May 16, 2016 10:34 am

Post Mon May 16, 2016 10:37 am

Mike and Ross. So funny, (yet so dreadfully alike way too many "conversations" of mine).

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Pokemon: Sesong 1 - Episode 1 (Norsk Tale)!
mathias hoftaniksa

Return to TV and Film