Welcome
Welcome to spectrumville2pirateversion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Issues w/ People in General

About making and keeping friends, and any issue or advice connected to friendships

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:12 am

Issues w/ People in General

So, I just kind of had a question. I have noticed I really can't stand most people in a real life settings. They make me upset with all the noise they make, or when they want to goof off.

I have recently had an issue with one of my friends roommates. She just got a roommate and the day he met me, I was really mad about my current living situation, and now he is trying to be my "friend" and make me feel all happy and such by showing me funny youtube videos and he also brought over his guitar.

I just wonder if people here also have a similar issue where most people annoy or overload them and they get really mad about it.

I personally feel pissed off. Is that just me?

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:15 pm

Re: Issues w/ People in General

I can come to feel angry if I'm asked to repeat myself too often. It's frustrating more than anything, to tell someone something only to be asked to say it again. I could deal with that once in a while but some people have a habit of doing it consistently. Other things frustrate me about others, again leading to anger. Most of them involve being subject to underwhelming behaviour-mannerisms. Such as being asked irritating questions, or playing dumb which do nothing to facilitate the conversation. Actually any effort which is an underhanded attempt to "help" me is annoying. The kindness (if it's discernible) isn't unappreciated, it's more that I don't like others putting me in the position of being subject to help I didn't ask for, or feeling like I'm supposed to allow that behaviour because it would impolite to refuse their 'gift' of "helping". Sometimes I happen across extroverted people who talk without break. The attitudes surrounding such behaviours can be irritating as well. Such as the idea that being a good talker/extroversion is a sign of intelligence... then I have to put up with that and withhold my thoughts of their mistaken point of view - so again being subject to underwhelming behaviour; Which all in a way overwhelm me with frustration, and make me feel angry for having put up with any of it. That's it for examples.
To forgive is to set the prisoner free and then discover the prisoner was you.

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:38 am

Re: Issues w/ People in General

Nope, it's not just you. I feel that way too sometimes.

Return to Friends