Welcome
Welcome to spectrumville2pirateversion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Nervous disorders

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:25 pm

Nervous disorders

I suffer from an acute nervous disorder and i have to say it has made life very difficult for the past two and a half years. I was diagnosed with it when i went for an MRI brain scan along with another brain scan.

Its psychosomatic and few understand the gruelling business i have to deal with. I suffer terrible palpitations, skipped heartbeats up to 30 a minute, chest pains, pains in my arms, nausea, insomnia,
stomach trouble, social anxiety, hyperventilation. I have seriously suffered a relapse and my symptoms have gone back to the way they were over a year ago. I sometimes have to take sleeping tablets and valium to fight the vicious chest pains i get around my heart and chest. I fell dizzy at the moment.

I have tried relaxation, breathing exercises, vitamin b tabs, baths, walks etc., but nothing works at the moment. I cannot work or function properly at the moment.
Life is a nightmare these days!!!

-Searcher
The holder of life is the true beholder of reality

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: Nervous disorders

Darwin himself suffered with the same illness and so did Kafka as well
The holder of life is the true beholder of reality

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Have you been taking Melatonin to help with your sleeping patterns? Stay connected.
To forgive is to set the prisoner free and then discover the prisoner was you.

Post Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:24 pm

7 Physical Symptoms of Anxiety No One Tells You About

By: Steve Williams

Anxiety and panic disorders are quite common, but the physical symptoms of these mental health problems aren’t widely understood.

While panic attacks can and do happen, there are some slightly more unusual conditions that someone with diagnosed anxiety might encounter. These symptoms can be inconvenient and, sometimes, trigger more anxiety.

It’s important to stress that the following issues do not necessarily mean you have an anxiety disorder. But even if you do, it is crucial to get these symptoms checked by a doctor to ensure that there are no other underlying medical problems.

That said, here are seven surprising conditions and ailments anxiety can trigger.

1. Headaches

Technically, migraines are not a symptom of anxiety, but research shows that anxiety disorders, depression disorders and migraines tend to overlap. If a person has one of these problems, they are more likely to have the others.

Personally speaking, I get silent migraines with auras, and they tend to overlap with a depression phase of my illness. When my anxiety has exceeded what my normal relaxation techniques can calm, I may also experience dull “cluster headaches” that can stretch over several hours or a few days.

Because these conditions can line up with serious neurological issues, it is crucial to notify your doctor about persistent symptoms and ensure that they are related to your mental health – not anything else.

2. Nosebleeds

Nosebleeds can occur due to blood pressure spikes from anxiety. But this is not a typical problem for every anxiety sufferer. Nosebleeds usually overlap with other issues relating to the nasal cavity. However, they can be particularly distressing in social situations, which may, in turn, cause more anxiety.

I have personally experienced nosebleeds while out shopping in crowded areas, as well as while I’ve been asleep. And waking up with blood in one’s mouth can be quite disconcerting.

3. Anxiety Belly

I’m going to lovingly refer to this as “anxiety belly,” but its practical effects are not so cute. From persistent stomach churning and feelings of nausea to diarrhea and vomiting, anxiety can wreak havoc on the digestive system. If I am having a particularly challenging day — usually brought on by having to go out in unfamiliar public settings, I will need several trips to the bathroom. This can make traveling especially difficult.

I’ve found that, for me, eating a good diet and getting plenty of exercise can significantly reduce this aspect of anxiety.

4. Someone Banging a Drum in Your Ear

It sounds like a persistent pulsing noise, and it’s especially evident at nighttime when the rest of the world is quiet. This drumming, sometimes diagnosed as pulsatile (throbbing) tinnitus, can sound like your heart is beating — often quite rapidly and painfully.

For some anxiety sufferers, the sounds are a warning sign of a panic attack, while others — like myself – experience drumming periodically.

Self care strategies like removing stresses — as well as exercise, healthy eating and quality sleep — can help. Be aware that pulsatile tinnitus and similar problems can lead to sleeplessness and insomnia – a more common symptom of anxiety.

5. Eating Far Too Much

While loss of appetite is often associated with anxiety, the reverse can also be an issue. I personally struggle with this.

I often joke that if I didn’t exercise as much as I do, I would probably have a weight management problem. When my anxiety ramps up, I tend to eat large amounts of food. Thankfully, I have managed to tackle the issue without it becoming an eating disorder, but there is a significant overlap between anxiety and binge eating.

6. Teeth Grinding

Suffers of anxiety may often wake up with jaw pain. This can come from teeth grinding while asleep. I also clench my jaw while working, but I only notice the habit when pain sets in.

Mouth guards can be prescribed for this problem, but relaxation techniques before sleep — as well as frequent breaks from work to check in with the body — can also be beneficial.

7. Hypersensitivity

When my anxiety is bad, I don’t want to touch people or have them touch me. Sensory problems are not unusual for anxiety sufferers, and sometimes there are other strange effects.

Anybody who reacts to the sensation of cotton wool rubbing together — sorry if you cringed at just the thought — will understand. When my anxiety is extremely high, everyday objects — like towels and even clothes — can feel noxious to touch. I also feel my teeth become more sensitive.

Anxiety can affect other senses too. I sometimes experience auditory hallucinations, especially if a place is noisy and my anxiety is particularly bad. They can take the form of whispering voices and, occasionally, music. Auditory hallucinations are more common for people with serious depression or disorders like schizophrenia, so it is important to consult your doctor.

Other sufferers experience blurry vision and a sense of tunnel vision. Anxiety can also reportedly affect taste. Some sufferers report everything tasting metallic, while others say they find things too salty or smoky.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/7-physical- ... about.html
You'll notice that a turtle only makes progress when it sticks out its neck...

"And the turtles, of course...all the turtles are free, as turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be." — Dr. Seuss
http://turtleforum.freeforums.org/index.php

Return to Disorders