Welcome
Welcome to spectrumville2pirateversion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Food jags

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Food jags

This apparently is somewhat common for aspies.

When I was little, I mostly wanted a dish called pytt-i-panne (but only for dinner). When I was 6 I had a long period where I only wanted fish cakes for dinner, breakfast and evening meal. Then that thing ended by itself.

From age 7+ I didn't do so to that extent, but I can still go for a while on the same food, but not in the way I did at 6.
I still tend to use the same thing for breakfast for months though. For instance, almost every morning this year I have had bread with cheese and apple.

Come to think of it, I also went through a phase when I was about 7 or 8 where I wanted a lot of parsley, because a character on a children's TV show ate it for snacks.
A year or so later I wanted lemon drops on everything.
As an older child it was pepper. My NT cousin had the same thing with salt though. My grandmother watched us eat dinner, and as I reached for the pepper and my cousin took the salt, she just shook her head :lol:
You'll notice that a turtle only makes progress when it sticks out its neck...

"And the turtles, of course...all the turtles are free, as turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be." — Dr. Seuss
http://turtleforum.freeforums.org/index.php

Post Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:13 am

Tastes changing with age

When I was little (3 or 4), I ate a pea that was hard and weird inside. It made me barf and I didn’t eat another pea for 20 years. Now I really like peas again.

When I was 11 and younger, I didn’t like pizza, it was something I grew to like at 12 and then increasingly, and now pizza is a favorite meal for me. Unlike most children I didn’t like spaghetti, it was something I only took to in my 20’s. I now find it really tasty.

When I was little I didn’t mind fish, but as I got older I stopped liking it. I can eat it if I can drown the fish taste in a good sauce or something, but I do not care for fish. Interestingly, I used to eat fish au gratin when I was little and I liked the fish, but not the pipes, as I called macaroni back then. Now macaroni is my favorite pasta, and I like fish au gratin with more fish meal than fish, and lots of macaroni. There are fish au gratins I won't eat because they taste too much of fish and don't come with sauce.
When I was little I liked hot dogs a lot (wiener), but since my 20’s I haven’t been able to stomach it. Those sausages don’t taste good to me at all. If I can use one of two other types of sausage we have here instead, then I’m fine with eating it occasionally, but it’s not something I would want to eat often, as I easily tire of it.

I used to like liverpaste (and cucumber) on my bread slices as a child, but then I grew out of liking it. I haven’t tried it for a long time now. Maybe I should give it another chance… My taste might have changed again :lol:
You'll notice that a turtle only makes progress when it sticks out its neck...

"And the turtles, of course...all the turtles are free, as turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be." — Dr. Seuss
http://turtleforum.freeforums.org/index.php

Return to Food